Organising sandwich catering for your working lunch sounds simple right? But the corporate working lunch may just be the most important event we cater for; usually there’s a special guest or client in attendance. Then there’s dietary requirements to consider, the budget and the age-old question – to have a sandwich lunch or not!
Sandwich catering such as sandwich platters might sound boring but with a bit of creative thinking and the right caterer your simple working lunch can have plenty of wow factor! So if you can’t decide whether to order those sandwiches or not, let us help you to weigh up the pros and cons:
- Cost effective – without a doubt one of the biggest factors influencing the decision to have a sandwich lunch or not is the size of your budget. If you don’t have a big budget then sandwich platters are perfect, for around $10 – $15 per person you can put on a delicious sandwich spread and truly impress your attendees without spending a fortune
- Convenience – your sandwich catering is delivered ready for the guests to eat; there’s little set up involved for the organiser who may be busy making other preparations and very little cleaning up to do post-meeting. One less thing to worry about during your busy working day!
- Easy to order – if you’re not sure how much to order, any reputable caterer should make this process as easy as possible for you. At Elizabeth Andrews, our menu is full of suggestions and advice. We have a variety of lunch combo’s that simply just need to be ordered by the number of guests you’re catering for, so if ordering for 10 people you would order the lunch combo by 10. For our individual sandwiches, wraps and rolls comes we provide ordering recommendations. For example, if ordering wraps only, we recommend 1.5 per person so you just simply multiply the number of people you are catering for by 1.5. For some of our smaller lunch products like our baby baguettes or laugen rolls we recommend 3 per person so you just multiply by 3
- Caters for most dietary requirements – if you have a group with a variety of special dietary requirements, it can be quite difficult to cater for everyone however the humble sandwich lunch really does tick most boxes. There’s plenty of options for vegetarians, vegans, halal, lactose free etc. and the quality of gluten free breads and wraps has improved exponentially in recent years. Sandwich catering for the guests with special dietary requirements are then just plated or packaged separately and clearly labelled making the process seamless!
- Easy to eat – you want to impress that important client, or you have a special guest speaker that you don’t want to interrupt so you need something that is easy and discreet to eat. This is where the trusty sandwich can shine! Club sandwiches, triangle point sandwiches and small rolls are perfect for the delicious, low-fuss and easy to eat lunch
- Variety – yes, even with just sandwiches there is plenty of variety on offer. Gourmet rolls, artisan breads, healthy wraps…then there’s white bread, wholemeal bread, brown bread, multigrain bread…the list goes on and on! These days there is now a huge range of different options and any corporate caterer should be able to provide you with a ton of variety (we’d say any good caterer should have at least 8 or more options on their menu) available to mix and match within your order
- Menu fatigue – yep, it’s a thing! If you’re always ordering sandwich catering for your working lunches, it is inevitable that your staff and clients will get sick of the ‘same old thing’. If you’re sandwich lunch isn’t getting guests excited then it’s time to mix it up! We usually find that not everyone is ready to completely scrap the sandwiches so what would we suggest as an alternative? Look at providing a small portion of sandwiches along with some finger food style of catering such as rice paper rolls, California rolls, small frittatas or hot treats like homemade sausage rolls. A mix of options should get your colleagues and clients excited about your working lunch again!
- It isn’t right for all budgets and types of working lunches – if you have some clients that you really need to impress and have been given a healthy budget to spend, then we’d certainly recommend that you consider other options for your corporate working lunch. This doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be a formal, sit down affair but sometimes the working lunch needs to be easy and convenient like a sandwich lunch but needs to be a cut above to really impress. Options like hot buffets, shared finger food platters or Asian platters are sure to be a hit; they’ll raise your working lunch to another level but still have a low-fuss element
- They don’t want carbs – for the health-conscious office, this is often the dilemma facing the person who is ordering the catering. Some people love delicious, filling sandwiches and others want healthy alternatives as they avoid carbs. How do you please everyone? Look at lunch packages that include a mix of sandwich products with other catering options or consider a mix of sandwiches and shared salads. Or if you’re really game, try individual salads for everyone for lunch! If the salad includes a protein such as chicken or beef it’s likely to still please those sandwich-lovers with a healthy appetite!
We hope this guide has helped you weigh up all the pros and cons of the corporate sandwich lunch and assisted you in making that all important decision! If you’ve decided that the working sandwich lunch is for you but want to know how we at Elizabeth Andrews make the humble sandwich lunch pack a punch we’re happy to share some of secrets of success with you! It’s all in the little details:
- We bake our own rolls and source breads from a number of Melbourne’s best bakeries daily to ensure you receive the freshest and best of each of the sandwich varieties
- We usually have around 14 sandwich fillings on our menu at any given time; 10 meat options and 4 vegetarian or vegan options
- We make a point of introducing new seasonal sandwich fillings on a regular basis
- For even greater flavours we make many of our own relishes, mayonnaise (sugar free), pickles and jams
- For added flavour and texture we season and roast our own poultry and meat
- We only use cage free eggs
- For our vegetarians and those with special dietary needs, we ensure you receive beautifully prepared market fresh produce delivered daily
- We take great pride in the quality of the ingredients we use in our menu items and we are well aware of food miles so we source as much product as possible from Victorian suppliers
- 95% of the food you receive is made in our kitchen – from scratch – solely for the corporate catering market here in Melbourne.
- We have actively made the decision not to have any retail outlets, so dedicate 100% of our time to servicing the corporate catering market in Melbourne
If you still need further assistance planning your working lunch please feel free to contact us anytime on
03 9670 4361 or click here to order online.